We’re open regular hours this weekend 10AM – 5PM on both the 4th & the 5th. We’ve also got a few deals for you:
- 25% off any recipe kit: Extract, All-Grain, Cider or Wine (limit one of each per customer)
- 10% off American-made 12 & 22 oz bottles and Glass Carboys
- $10 off Cool Brewing’s Insulated Fermentation Bag (reg. price $65)
All deals are valid until 5pm on Sunday, July 5, 2015.
We hope you all had a great Father’s Day Weekend! Below is a list of raffle winners, we will also be calling winners this afternoon!
- $50 Gift Certificate – CHARLES SIERRA
- $25 Gift Certificate – DENNIS THOMPSON
- Barley & Wine Tee – DAVID MARQUES
- Barley & Wine Tee – GREG BOEDECKER
- Barley & Wine Tee – JEFF ROWE
- Barley & Wine Polo – ALEX SERRATO
- 50% OFF Recipe Kit – ANGELO BERMUDEZ
- 50% OFF Recipe Kit – BENJIE PULIDO
- Tioga Sequoia Metal Sign & Tee – SCOTT SHERMAN
- Tioga Squoia Metal Sign & Tee – IAN VAN EVERA
- Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Flag – KEVIN WEBSTER
- Dustbowl Brewing Metal Sign – BRIAN SMITH
- Ninkasi Brewing Metal Sign – STEVE REZA
- Delta Brands Gift Set – JASON REECE
- $10 Gift Certificate – MATTHEW SHERWOOD
- $10 Gift Certificate – JEFF SLOAN
- $10 Gift Certificate – DAVID LOWRY
- $10 Gift Certificate – ARON FARIA
- $10 Gift Certificate – PAUL DOWLIN
- $10 Gift Certificate – BRAD BLANKENSHIP
- $10 Gift Certificate – ERNIE SANDERS
- Five Star Io-Star Gift – RANDY MEVERDEN
- Five Star Io-Star Gift – JASON BRATTON
- Five Star Io-Star Gift – MATT GOTSHALL
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL OF OUR WINNERS!!!
It’s almost time for the National Homebrew Conference in San Diego!
Jonathan & I will be attending the Retailer’s Events & National Homebrew Conference in San Diego this June. As a result, the store will be closed June 10th – 12th.
While we know this may pose an inconvenience for some of you, we greatly apologize and will be passing on a few opportunites at some some savings as well as a chance to win some awesome raffle prizes!
- June 6th, 7th & 9th will feature an in-store promotion
- June 10th, 11th & 12th we will offer raffle tickets for orders placed via email
- June 13th & 14th we will have Customer Appreciation Promos
- June 21st, Father’s Day, we will host our raffle & have a sale
Please stay tuned for more information on these promotions leading up to and following store closures. Also note that we WILL be open Father’s Day, June 21st. We will be releasing a “Gift Guide” very soon to help ensure you get that gift you’ve been wanting!!!
We will be closed Sunday, May 10th in observance of Mother’s Day. We will reopen on Tuesday, May 12th at 10:00 am.
We hope everyone has a wonderful day!
For 3 days only we’re offering 1/5th (20%) off any Extract or All-Grain Recipe Kit! There’s no coupon to print, just mention the deal in store. Cheers!
Offer expires 5/7/15, limit one per customer.
LOOK WHO’S IN THE NEWS!
Want the DIY skinny on BYOB?
A Modesto business has you covered. In this case, those latter letters refer to Brew Your Own Beer, and the Barley & Wine supply and education shop locally reflects a nationwide explosion in do-it-yourself home brewing.
“Home brewing began its growth in popularity in the early ’90s and with the recent growth in craft beer has, in turn, exploded over the past five years,” Barley & Wine owner Steve Leandres said in an email interview. Leandres and his partners, cousins Galen and Sean Wildeman, bought the shop from a former owner and reopened Barley & Wine on – fittingly – St. Patrick’s Day 2010, moving it from Ceres to an east Modesto shopping center on Oakdale Road.
“The original owner … decided to retire, and I had been recently laid off from a job in corporate sales,” Leandres said. “I wanted to make sure the Central Valley still had a dedicated homebrew supply shop, and the rest is history.”
Barley & Wine is the only homebrew and wine making supply shop between Sacramento and Fresno, he said. Add to that a sweet dose of timing and it looks like a recipe for a sudsy success. Read more ›
Starting Tuesday April 7th our new store hours will be:
In addition, we will be closed Sunday April 5th to spend Easter with our families. Cheers!
Join us for our 5th anniversary on March 21st! We will be grilling handmade sausages made by The Chopping Block in Modesto as well as sampling homemade cheese, kombucha, spent grain bread and more! Be sure to bring the family as we will have arts & crafts for the kids as well as Root Beer Floats made of homemade root beer and ice cream made locally by The Ice Cream Company!
Door Buster Deals from 10-Noon and great deals the rest of the day too!
Be sure to use the “Register Now” button below as the event is ticketed.
This is a way to thank you, our customers, for 5 great years in business. If you know anyone who’d like to join us, please feel free to share the information!
Click here for our January Email Newsletter. Not on our mailing list? Register below!
Our list of deals:
Buy any starter kit get 50% off any recipe kit
Recipe Kits (extract or all-grain) Buy One, Get One 40% off
Micro Home Brew One Gallon Brewery 25% off, plus a recipe (reg. $59.99)
12 & 22oz bottles 25% off (reg. $15.99-16.99)
3, 5, 6 & 6.5 Gallon Carboys 25% off (reg. $32.99-45.99)
Beer & Whiskey Barrels 20% off – available in 1, 5, 10 & 20L
Wort Chillers 15% off
Cheese Making Kits 15% off
ALL Still Spirits equipment, yeast & additives 15% off
Local Honey & Almonds 10% off
We hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving, we hope to see you this weekend!